Thursday 24 April 2014

Casting my own face. Update One!


Casting my own face! 

So I decided to make a cast today of my own face so I can be able to make prosthetic's for my makeup. A while back I did do lots of casts but I used them all for college so I needed to make a new one but I had no help so.. I tried it myself.

I'm not saying this is the right way, just what I did to make my own. 

What I used: 
Mod Roc
Vaseline 
Cling Film
Tissue Paper
Water
Casting Powder

Important! Always wear old clothes and workplace better prepare to get messy.


Step One: I cut everything out beforehand, it's much easier this way! Cut them into different sizes as well! I also tied back my hair so that the mod roc wouldn't catch onto it and much easier when placing the cling film over the hair.


Step Two: Placing Vaseline over the face, this will help you stick the cling film down more and also placing the tissue paper over the eyebrows. Vaseline over the face will also be a BIG help when you have to take the mod roc off the face.


Step Three: Now start placing the mod roc over the face! I started off with the nose as I feel it's the most weak spot.. not sure how to explain haha Once covered, I placed around three layers on.. Just need to wait till you feel like it's dried and take off by making lots of weird faces.  


Looking very creepy.. 


Glad I wore old clothes! Ruined Jeans. 


Step Four: Fill in the gaps, if you have any, and also cover the nostrils and eyes.. I find this part tricky and my way of doing it was very stupid so I won't write about it.. :L




 Step Five: I'd say it's time to clean up. If you're like me and working in a small place that is..




Step Six: Time to mix up the casting powder and water! 


All done.


Now to wait.


I'm leaving it over night so it'll set better.
 I will update again tomorrow! x





No comments:

Post a Comment