Wednesday 1 January 2014

Old to Now (Special Effects)

Looking at old photos.
And how crazy how a couple of months can make a difference.



 1. This was taken from the very beginning, and me saying to myself "This isn't going to work out" But after just two weeks or less of research and watching Tutorials, I was creating something completely different and more realistic than I first began. I've always been like that with art, I ALWAYS want to try something new and if I don't succeed at first I will spend forever researching and getting it to the best I can do. 
  

2. I began doing this with just normal makeup, no latex or Gelatin. I was never sure if I'd be able to do all these weird creature looking faces that I was seeing online. I tried and failed a few times but I also tried and got amazing looking faces from it. The second photo was my first time using Gelatin, I didn't know what I was doing at first so I played around and this is what happened. I'm happy with it and I was able to learn how to use it and how not. 


3. Getting you're own ideas. I wasn't sure what the hell I was doing at the beginning, I tried to recreate other looks and it just came out a mess. Let you're mind go free, have a rough photo of what you want but other than that I wouldn't spend ages on YouTube recreating looks. Is that a bad thing to say? Oh well. I'm not saying my looks are original because I'm sure there is photos similar out there like everything else but as you all are different shapes, sizes, colour ect then you need to realize that you got to figure out a look on you're own. If that makes sense? I hope so. 


4. First time and second time I made a nose, I was pretty proud of them both if I'm honest. There are so many looks that you can do while using cheap products. Don't need to freak out about having to buy expensive products which I did at the start BUT now I've realized that if I work harder and learn then I can create a creature just as good! 

I've no idea what this post is about, just felt like having a wee rant to myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment