Thursday 13 June 2013

Let's begin..

November 5th 2012

The day I started working with makeup, it was a couple of days after Halloween so I was seeing a lot of photographs and tutors on how to create these scary makeup looks. At this point I had never done makeup or anything like these designs I was seeing, I wasn't really into makeup myself and hardly ever wore it.

BTEC Art and Design - Level 3 Extended Diploma
It was my last year of College and I really wanted to create something different from my previous work which was about destroying the face, making it look unreal. This was when I decided to get my makeup kit out and start taking ideas from what I've been seeing on the internet which gave me the starting point.


I wanted to start with something simple so I had begun with darkening my eyes with a dark brown Eye-Shadow which I later blended it in with a simple black Eye-Shadow. Making my eyes look that little bit creeper and dead looking. I seen a lot of stitched mouth designs so I took ideas and created this look. I worked with Rimmel London liquid Eye Liner so it was easy to work with. 



Once I had created this design I began to work more into it. Adding cracks to the face and making it look more like a 'Broken Doll' .. Also taking a dark purple Eye-Shadow and placing it just under the Eyebrow which I also filled in making a it more different shaped. 



No comments:

Post a Comment